Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Culture Shock

Here I am, typing this on my laptop, while sitting on my porch on a sunny, summer afternoon. Most, here in the States, are telling me that it's dangerously hot this week, with the heat index over 100. Personally, I don't know what the fuss is all about...feels about right for me. What gets me is that I sit here and look down the street and don't even see one house with bars on the windows. There aren't even any guards!

I guess cultural shock can and will occur in different ways for our family. For instance, while driving down the road the other day, one of my sons tells me that everyone is rich here in the U.S. He goes on to explain that even the dogs here have houses. A little observation that many of us would overlook, but through his Nicaraguan eyes, he saw it right away.

Obviously, we are adjusting being back in the States for itineration. We are thrilled to spend time with family and friends that mean so much to us. We are so happy and excited to communicate with everyone what the Lord is doing in the 2nd poorest country in the western hemisphere and to share with you the vision we have for our second term there. At the same time, it's difficult too. Someone once said that home is where the heart is and for this family, well, it's with the people of Nicaragua.

So, for all of you who have agreed to support us with prayer-please continue. For those who have partnered with us financially, will you continue to support us? We ask, realizing the gravity of that question, but also believing that He who called us is able to supply all our needs. If you don't support us on a monthly basis, will you consider doing so? Our goal is to be back in Nicaragua this January, but we will need your help.

Again, we what to say a huge thank you to all who have partnered with us through prayer and finances. As we look back on the past 3½ years, we can truly say we so clearly see the hand of God working in our midst and without you we could do none of it. Blessings my friends, Ken.