Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dot-to-Dot

What an incredible year we had here in Nicaragua!  We want to say a huge "Thank You" from our family for your continued love and prayers. This past year, 2010, can best be summed up by explaining to you one of my Christmas gifts that I, Ken, just received from my mother-in-law at Christmas. It was an "Extreme Dot to Dot" book...that's right, you read correctly, a dot to dot book.  First I was like, you got to be joking!  I'm 35, not 3-5!  Then I opened it up and saw that there were over 1,400 tiny little dots per page that I'm supposed to follow and connect and my mind started to think, "this could be fun."  Trust me, even after you connect over 700 dots, you still have no clue what the picture will be...but when you complete all the dots, you see an awesome picture and you start to appreciate all the dots and what each "connecting line" brings to the overall picture.


After spending most of 2009 building strong, deep relationships with nationals here in Nicaragua, it seemed like this past year was full of many opportunities to fulfill some of those important needs that were expressed to us.  We found ourselves, at times, overwhelmed but always blessed to be a part of ministering to the poor, broken, hurt, tired, overburdened, needy and hopeless.  We experienced many open doors and were so grateful by your continued support in prayer and finances that allowed us to walk humbly with the Lord through them.

I am amazed how the Lord helped us launch an awesome program called ENGAGE Nicaragua this past year.  It has allowed us to provide the national church with a work force of young students that have a passion to be used by God.  These ENGAGE student's perspective on life has surely changed since starting here this past September but I believe they know that they are a part of something that is way bigger than us.  


It is awesome to see all the dots God connected in 2010 because the future picture of Nicaragua will be breath taking.